Canadian Schools Welcome International Students
- Dorset College
- Sprott Shaw College
- Ashton College
- ITD Canada
- Acsenda School of Management
- St. John’s International School
Incorporated in 1980, Cornerstone is a fully accredited private college specializing in Mobile App Development, Hospitality Management, and English as Second Language training.
Cornerstone’s distinctiveness lies in its curriculum. Every program is mastered to provide a practical approach towards textbook learning. Our small classroom sizes allow for an interactive learning atmosphere, where maximum personal attention is ensured by the instructors.
Our flexible start dates and competitive tuition rates attract individuals from all across the world, thereby creating a multicultural learning environment. We speak English, Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, Hindi, Cantonese and Czech.
Founded in 1991, ILSC is the largest language school in Canada and has established an international reputation second to none.
Its diverse educational programs are offered through their reputable Language Schools, Colleges, Teacher Training, Corporate Training and Continuing Education divisions, and span across 7 cities, and 4 countries. Locations: Vancouver (Canada), Toronto (Canada), Montreal (Canada), San Francisco (USA), Sydney (Australia), Brisbane (Australia), New Delhi (India).
ILSC attracts students from around the world and is committed to maintaining a diverse student body – no single language group makes up the majority. At ILSC, you will experience a truly cross-cultural learning experience, and will make amazing friendships that will last a lifetime!
The strength of ILSC lies in its small, interactive classrooms, flexible start dates, 11 levels of language proficiency, and vast array of courses – all designed to get you learning and using English (or French). Students from all over the world attend these programs because of their outstanding teachers and reputation.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Vancouver English Centre is one of Canada’s leading language school. ESL courses will help you learn English speaking and grammar quickly. In addition to the core ESL program, VEC also offers TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS TEFL, Cambridge exam training (FCE and CAE) and Business Internship programs, homestay accommodations, and student activities. Since being founded in Vancouver in 1993, VEC has educated more than 33,000 students.
VEC’s come up with their own unique system of sorting students into groups according to their English level (15 English levels for your comfort). In 2002 they built a brand new campus in Yaletown, situated in downtown Vancouver, where you will find all 47 bright classrooms, computer classrooms and café.
The International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC) is a private English language school that offers short and long-term English language courses for international students. ILAC currently operates campuses in downtown Toronto and Vancouver, Canada.
ILAC is the market leader in Canada and is the most-awarded language school in the world. With over ten thousand students a year from 70 different countries, ILAC has a network of more than 1000 international partners around the globe.
The school offers a variety of programs and services that include: General English, Business English, Exam Preparation (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge FCE & CAE), Teacher Training (TESOL), College and University Pathways, Internships, Summer/Winter Camps, Night School, High School, Accommodations and Activities.
The International Language Academy of Canada also provides University and College placement services and post-secondary counselling. Their University preparation course is recognized by more than 40 Universities and Colleges.
Established in 1981, Dorset College is one of the largest and oldest private colleges in Vancouver. Offering a variety of programs that transfer to Canada’s leading public universities, Dorset College is an excellent choice for both local and international students.
Dorset College is committed to providing innovative, student-centred teaching to International and Canadian students. Through its programs and its supportive environment, Dorset College offers a unique, high-quality post-secondary learning experience that positions students for academic and career success in the worldwide community.
Dorset College offers a wide range of excellent academic programs including:
- The University Transfer Program in which students have the opportunity to complete their first or second year at Dorset College before transferring directly to one of Dorset’s partnering universities, including Acadia University, Dalhousie University, and Cape Breton University.
- Technical Programs transferring to the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) including the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Program (AME) and the Automotive Service Technician Program (AST).
- Academic Preparation Program
- Preparation for Graduate School Applicants Diploma (PGSA)
Dorset College has a team of dedicated and caring staff. All Dorset teachers are highly qualified, the majority of whom possess either a Master’s degree or Ph.D. The Dorset administrative staff provide student counselling for both academic and personal matters.
Sprott Shaw College (SSC) is a private Canadian career training institution, headquartered in British Columbia. Over the years, Sprott Shaw has expanded its courses to offer programs in health care, tourism, hospitality, business.
- Advanced curriculum to give students relevant career-oriented skills and training.
- Smaller class sizes ensure access to instructors and engagement in the daily lessons.
- Offer more than 100+ programs to accommodate your career goal.
- The option of lifetime refresher training and upgrading in any course.
- Programs start on a monthly basis, so there’s no need to wait until September or January.
- No waiting lists! Since our programs have continual intakes there is always room for you.
- Many of programs only run 4 hours a day, so you would have plenty of free time for work or spending time with family and friends.
- As a potential student, the Career Advisors can guide you with your program of study to assist you with gaining the skills to be employed in your career of choice.
- Convenient campus locations across British Columbia with access to public transportation – find one that’s close to you.
- International graduates of select programs are eligible to receive a Post-Graduation Work Permit and gain valuable Canadian work experience.
Ashton College is a post-secondary institution located in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Established in 1998, Ashton College offers various programs and certificates under the following Schools: Business, Continuing Studies, Part-Time Studies and the English Language Centre. Ashton College’s primary focus is on adult education: helping people either gains new skills to get them back into the workforce, or continuing their education to help them progress in their chosen career fields. Ashton College offers programs suitable for both domestic and international students. It is an Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designated school and is fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of BC (PCTIA).
Many students choose to study at Ashton College because of a more personalized experience due to smaller class sizes and flexible schedules. Students have the option to study full-time, part-time or online through Ashton’s innovative learning platform, Ashton Connect. Ashton College also delivers continuing education, including Continuing Professional Development (CPD) seminars and workshops, for skills development in a range of professional areas.
Ashton College caters to both domestic and international students, with specific certificate and diploma programs offered to students from abroad. These courses include:
- Business English Communication
- Business Management
- International Trade
- International Trade Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Sales and Marketing Management
ITD Canada is a privately owned polytechnic located in Vancouver, British Columbia. The institution, established in 1999, is an accredited college that is focused on offering quality education to Canadian and international students. ITD Canada’s performance is overseen by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA) of British Columbia.
Over the years, ITD Canada has seen its share of achievements and success, and the challenge has inspired growth. ITD Canada has provided education and training for many skilled personnel to spearhead the wide-ranging industries and businesses in Canada and beyond.
Today, they are a well-established training facility offering Diploma courses in Business, IT, Arts, Hospitality and English. The course schedules are flexible to accommodate full time participants and those who attend school after a day of work. Classes are conducted by experienced professionals who focus on interactive learning while using modern technology. The class size is small to ensure individual attention to each student.
ITD Canada offers short and long term co-op diplomas and training programs through its five schools: School of Business, School of Hospitality, School of Art, School of IT, and Language School.
Acsenda School of Management is an international business management and leadership institution that offers undergraduate programs in the province of British Columbia, Canada. It emphasizes a unique combination of small class sizes, open access to instructors and the use of the latest technology.
Acsenda School of Management is recognized as an innovative institution committed to teaching excellence and the provision of quality assured programs of higher education that prepare graduates to work in selected sectors of the global labour market:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, generalist
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Major in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Major in International Business Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing Concentration
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Human Resource Management Concentration
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
There are four terms per academic year. Acsenda is listed in the British Columbia Credit Transfer system under its former name (Sprott – Shaw Degree College) as of May 2013. Acsenda is listed as both a “recipient” and a “sender” of transferable university credits.
Acsenda has been approved by the British Columbia Education Quality Assurance program as well as the Degree Quality Assessment Board of British Columbia.
The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC), a unit of the Council of Ministers of Education of Canada (CMEC), lists Acsenda under its former name as of May 2013 as a “recognized and authorized postsecondary institution”.
Established in 1992, St. John’s International School offers the highest standard of high school education in the beautiful, safe and culturally diverse city of Vancouver. You can experience Canadian culture first-hand, improve your English, make new friends and prepare for academic success and achievement through our programs.
There are many great reasons to pursue your education at St. John’s International School:
- Small class sizes allow teachers to provide more focus and attention to students.
- The 3-Semester System offers programs beginning in January, May and September. With three start dates during the year, students can graduate faster.
- Highly-trained, experienced teachers are certified by the BC Ministry of Education and are committed to student success.
- Outstanding student support includes professional student advisors, tutoring services and scholarships.
- University Entrance Preparation means all graduates can enter at least one of our 10 Canadian partner Universities.
- Three-level ESL program helps students develop key English skills, and can be completed within 12 months.
Students graduate from the school fully prepared for future academic success. Recent graduates have continued their education at highly regarded Canadian universities such as the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, Queen’s University and McGill University.
St. John’s International School offers two program options:
- Regular High School Graduation Program
In the High School Graduation Program, students will complete the grade 10-12 courses required to earn their British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Certificate). Students will complete 20 courses (80 credits) including required courses and electives.
Required subjects include: language arts, social studies, science, mathematics, physical education, planning, graduation transitions, fine arts and applied skills.
There are three categories of elective courses: applied skills, business education, and fine arts. Students choose these courses based on their own interests and future educational goals.
- Adult Graduation Program
The Adult Graduation Program is available for students 19 years of age and over. Through this program, students who have not completed the requirements for graduation can graduate quickly by attending five “core” secondary school courses. Provincial exams are optional in the Adult Education program. However, taking the Provincial exams will be a benefit for applying to post-secondary institutions.